Thursday, February 15, 2007

OK, SO MAYBE THE OC COPS DON'T GIVE PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT ONLY TO ELECTED OFFICIALS

The Daily Crime is moving a story this morning alleging that Ocean City Mayor Rick Meehan's daughter was stopped for suspect drunken driving in 2005 and saved the embarrassment of arrest when her daddy was called to come pick her up and take her home. Meehan was not the mayor at the time.
Okay, mea culpa. In earlier posts I posited that OC cops give elected officials "special consideration" when they're caught for drunken driving and such. I was wrong and this is a graphic example of how wrong I was.... sometimes they're just nice guys and give "special consideration" to people who aren't elected officials.

6 comments:

RAT said...

Thank you Barrie, but as you may not be aware, this blog is about commentary and discussion, not reporting. If you want reporting, subscribe to the wire.

Idiot! said...

I have already addressed on my blog what Joey thinks is acceptable and what is not. Please post accordingly.

http://dailyidiottimes.blogspot.com/2007/01/world-according-to-joey.html

RAT said...

oh.... I didn't know it was Joe. How ya doin' Joe. I thought you said would wouldn't return to this blog.

RAT said...

Okay:
I didn't know it was Joe. How ya doin' Joe. I thought you said would wouldn't return to this blog.

Idiot! said...

Annnnnd its official. Joey just blew it over at Gunpoweder's blog. It is slowly making its way across the blogs now.

Check out Gunpoweder's blog, my blog, or no sympathy's blog.

RAT said...

Ah.... but the story also said the woman admitted to drinking and driving. So unless the cops were brain dead, that should and undoubtedly did raise suspicions of whether she was under the influence.... In any event, I just used the story as a mea culpa relative to the rim job that Adkins apparently got, wherein I suggested that OC cops look the other way when suspected infractions are committed by those with power.
I was wrong. OC cops would never do such a thing. They are all sparkley clean.... Oh yeah, they're HEROES too.... mustn't forget that... All cops are heroes. You believe that, don't you?