Saturday, February 10, 2007

DOMESTIC TERROR: HELD HOSTAGE BY RUMOR.... THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!

In news from the yankee stalwarts in in the frozen state of Maine, come this story about a school being closed because of a gun rumor. Granted, that in itself, is not unusal or even imprudent. The difference here is that the rumor had already come to the attention of school officials and police and been resolved as a non-threat. But apparently that didn't stop the parent of one student, who called the local TV news folks to perhaps report that a massacre was being planned. So instead of quelling a wild-eyed rumor and continuing with the educational process, the superintendant of schools elected to close the school the following day. This, despite the fact they knew about the rumor, investigated and determined there was no threat.

9 comments:

RAT said...

yeah, so.... my email address is listed on my "about Me" page..... and no one has, as you say, "outed" me. ... I looked at both those pages and my name is not there.

truthiness said...

This from Friday's Duvalies:

AROUND THE TRANSCHOPTANKIA BLOGOSPHERE

"On Delmarva Dealings, G.A. Harrison debating David Susnavick. I must admit, an intellectual exchange just doesn't get any more sophisticated or high brow than that. Right up there with William F. Buckley taking on John Kenneth Galbraith."

From Duvalies post link to Delmarva Dealings and it shows Ratturd's comments.

So, you're either G.A. Harrison or David Susavik, unless both these names are completely made up.

Or you're your neither of those people, then someone is using your sign on of Ratturd, except people can't use the same sign on with Blogspot, so that doesn't make sense.

RAT said...

nope... I'm neither of those people.

RAT said...

If I were an ex-pat, wouldn't that mean I was living outside the country?.... nope, not an ex-patriot.... Not a Ravens fan either

Anonymous said...

So you're allowed to lie on a blog?

RAT said...

As a matter of fact, we were given 50-yard-line tickets for last November's Steelers-Ravens game.. lowest level to the field, and everything.... we sold them... I'm not freezing my ass off for a football game.

RAT said...

Dick: I'm shocked and appalled. I thought I was the only man on the planet who thought spectator sports was a collossal bore and waste of time.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShoreNative said...

I believe we have had a similar incident in the Salisbury area recently. SBYNEWS reported that the windows had been shot out at Pohanka. The perpetrators escaped in a Gold Van and the "reporter" beleived the incident to be gang related. He promised more details, but none followed. I was shocked to find one window boarded up at Pohanka Mazda, no police tape, and no graffati marking claim to the actions. The incident was not reported by conventional media. It seems that the writer of the article was trying to create a sort of mass hysteria and fortunately failed.