Friday, August 10, 2007

"THE ARGUMENT FROM INTIMIDATION IS A CONFESSION OF INTELLECTUAL IMPOTANCE"

Well. We see where the formerally esteemed mayor of Salisbury, Barrie Whatshername, has decided to wade into the pig pen with her police chief (pardon the pun) so they can try to give Joe Albero a sound thrashing. Good. I never liked Joe, anyways. Much of his writing betrays his ignorance and, I think, suggests an....umm... emotional disturbance. Personally, I find him easy to ignore - even though he has threatened me with physical assault.
Apparently the same can not be said of Miss Barrie and her minion, yet they have less protection from maniacal rantings than I do owing to their voluntary participation as self-professed leaders of the community. There is a marked difference between the level of privacy and public commentary a private citizen, and a public figure can expect. So, while I admit I haven't kept up on Joe's public strangeness and ramblings, I have to say that most of what I read back before he opened the website constituted Fair Comment, in the context of public figures. Oh, most of it was lame, ignorant, and half-baked, to be sure. But it rarely crossed the line.
So for city officials to file suit smacks of nothing so much as intimidation.

4 comments:

TomCat said...

Since Chief Webster's case against Joe Albero is moving to Worcester County, does that mean you will jump back into the game??

RAT said...

"jump back into the game??"

hmmm .... I don't know what that means... personally, I don't think it will ever see a day in court... ZI'd expect it to be settled in one fashion or another.

Oceanshaman said...

As I watch Albero stomp and bluster, I feel somewhat akin to Rosario Dawson's character in Clerks II . . .

"I'm disgusted and repulsed . . . and . . . yet . . . I can't look away."

It's like our own little version of The Jerry Springer Show . . .

Idiot! said...

In thinking of Joey, I too am reminded of Rosario Dawson, but more along the lines of:

"You never go ass to mouth."

Make of that unconscious association what you will.