Tuesday, July 10, 2007

KILLING THE SYMBOL DOESN'T CHANGE THE REALITY

The NAACP held a funeral this week in Detroit, symbolically burying the word "nigger," So that no one would ever use the term again. Great. I didn't attend the funeral because I don't see the value of banning the use of language based upon an unreasonable concern that someone, somewhere might be offended by its use... If they are, well that's just too damned bad.... Welcome to adulthood in the United States of America, where the freedom to speak one's mind is a guaranteed right.
Moreover, no one can really believe that by banishing the word "nigger" that those who sport the term so proudly will cease to exist.... Hell, if it were that easy we could all just vote to banish words like George Bush, poverty, injustice, genocide, hunger, greed and (in a related term) Dick Cheney.
Yet, here we are, the funeral's over and nothing.... nothing has changed. So tell me again what relevance the NAACP has... I just can't see it.

4 comments:

sparkly1 said...

Welcome back, things are getting interesting.

UCNarc said...

Now RT don't be messin wif my boyz Bush & Cheney.

You gotta admit it takes a man with a SET to tell the whole country (except of course me) "Fuck You, I am going to take care of Scooter, and if you don't like it, TOUGH."

RAT said...

Interesting perspective, Dick.... But I think it's more likely that even a shit-for-brains like GW understand that his numbers are so deep in the sewer that no matter what happens now, the Repigs can kiss off any thought of holding the whitehouse for at least the next two cycles.... so, why not take this moment to commute, or even pardon Libby.

UCNarc said...

No No No

NO PARDON - YET!

As it stands now he can't be questioned as he still has an open criminal case. He can appeal, etc.

Only his jail time was commuted.

The pardon will come during the lame duck walk.

Or

Wait for it.

President Fred Thompson will pardon George, my MAN Dick, Rove AND Scooter, for all sin past & present.

When Dubbya said "Fuck You" to the liberals and commuted Scooter's jail time, I laughed so hard it hurt. I could just hear and feel the pain of the Left.